nourish. slow down. relax. balance. love. wholeness is not perfection.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

raw & vegan tahini-mint ice cream pops // chocolate mint drizzle (+ a little wisdom I've had on my mind on today)


Before I get to the recipe, I have a challenge for anyone who reads this...

In the phases of nutrition we go through throughout our lives, there is such thing as the “learning phase” of nutrition. It is where we let go of all of our nutritional "goods", "bads", "cheat days", "cleanses", etc...can anyone relate? Is this a phase you are in or remember passing through at sometime in your life? It is a necessary step that we will often pass through in life. Our bodies will continually come back to this phase whenever we need to find balance in the craziness of trying to be "perfectly healthy"-which is not possible and not "healthy" in and of itself! It is a message from the Divine, to find greater purpose and balance, and to realize that our thoughts and beliefs may change and need to change, as our bodies & lives are constantly going through change. When we distort this phase, we stay stuck in our heads, forever repeating the “facts” of nutrition, but never truly learning from our real-world experience. We become seekers, but never finders. We forget body wisdom and tend to value learning that comes only via intellect and information... When our learning phase is successful, we have a sense of discovery and openness.

I challenge you to let go, and listen to your body, stop reading about what others say you should do and eat, and for a few weeks...just eat, learn, and listen to your own wisdom, for it is far greater than any nutritional advice from another.
I     Affirmation of the month: I am confident in & trust my learning experience and I release the need to be right or perfect.

Questions to ponder: 
Can I ride the fine line between the forces of health and disease?
Can I do good strategies from inspiration rather than fear?
Am I ready for, and can I be ok with whatever is next in my life?
Have I gotten in touch with a higher sense of purification recently?
What is the divine message in this? What is the "soul lesson" in my challenge?
Can I let go of the need/desire for perfection in body and health?
Can I let go of fear, trust my body, and in a sense be ok with the world's toxicity?
     Keep in mind, I probably listed these questions because I need them more than anyone else. I can get too fanatic and crazy at times. It becomes my biggest challenge, but there is a hidden wisdom and magic in every challenge! The best thing for me sometimes is to completely let go, trust myself, and trust God. Everything is ok! 


     Alright, just felt like I needed to share. Now, moving on to this delicious little taste. Yes, these do taste just as good as they look and sound. A perfect summer poolside treat that the kids will love (and not even know is healthy). Full of great fats & protein, plus a little super-green action is a must. Oh, did I mention they are way easy to make?! Grab your blenders...


Pops: 

1 c raw organic tahini (you could sub half with cashew butter also) 
1 can full fat coconut milk (or 1 c young Thai coconut meat)
1 ripe avocado 
1/4 c coconut oil
3/4 c raw honey or coconut nectar 
6-10 drops peppermint essential oil
1 T vitamineral greens, spirulina or your fav greens powder 
*Optional 3 T unflavored collagen protein for added nutrients 

-Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until very smooth & creamy. Pour into prepared popsicle moulds (or for mini pops, ice trays) and set in freezer overnight. 


Chocolate Drizzle:

1/3 c coconut oil
1/4 c raw honey
1/4 c raw cacao powder
3 drops peppermint essential oil

-Blend everything until smooth. Once pops are completely firm, remove from moulds onto parchment paper. Drizzle with chocolate sauce & sprinkle flaked sea salt. Place back in freezer a few minutes to harden chocolate & enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment