nourish. slow down. relax. balance. love. wholeness is not perfection.

Thursday, November 11, 2021

roasted chicken & parsnip-pear mash

We’ve had a couple cooler days here in Arizona (high 70s lol) so I’m feeling like all the fall foods finally!

I haven’t had a very strong appetite lately, so I’ve been putting extra focus on getting a larger variety of veggies in my diet rather than going for the usual… & this simple meal of roasted chicken & parsnip-pear mash really hit the spot!
Parsnips always surprise me with how sweet they are! I think I’d even prefer this over a sweet potato mash.

An easy go-to dinner:

Place organic free range chicken breasts or thighs on a baking sheet and drizzle with ev avo oil + 1/4 c coconut aminos. Sprinkle with garlic, cumin, & black pepper and roast at 425°F for 20 minutes, then flip and cook until internal temp reads 165-175°F.

For the mash, I washed & chopped 6 large parsnips and added them to a large pot with 2 c organic grass fed bone broth, splash of avc, and a few pinches of cardamom, coriander, fennel, nutmeg, and black pepper. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil, then simmer until they are easily pierced with a fork. Immediately transfer all pot ingredients to a large blender and add 2 chopped pears (don’t add all the liquid from the pot if you want this mash thicker). Blend until smooth.

Serve chicken over mash and greens of choice. Fresh pom seeds to the top would be delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment