nourish. slow down. relax. balance. love. wholeness is not perfection.

Friday, July 10, 2015

easiest//yummiest rawnola on earth.


it never rains here in Newport coast. sometimes it gets a little misty, if we're lucky. but today I woke up to a full-on rain. puddles! it made for a very gloomy & dark morning, which I love every once in a while; it's beautiful! and the best part is, it'll probably be sunny and hot by noon. (: 


but until then, I'm going to skip early morning yoga & let it be a lazy granola morning for me.

this rawnola is lovely & SO easy. no dehydrator, no waiting, no wishing. just a few ingredients and you've got yourself some healthy cereal lovin. 


you can adjust it how you'd like. if you'd rather have it grain free than nut free, sub the sprouted oats for sprouted raw almonds, pecans, cashews, or my personal fav, a mixture of sunflower & hemp seeds with added flax, chia or sesame. sub dates for raisins if desired, or dehydrated banana! basically this is the same as making one of my raw pie crusts-just a tad less moisture. yum! (I want to eat the crust plain half the time anyway...) so here you go! 


in a food processor add:

organic sprouted, gluten free rolled oats
(it's nice to know I don't have to take the time to sprout my own foods sometimes, and that there are lovely companies like this that do it for you! when you're cooking for eleven, you don't always have the time to do everything you'd like. so, you just do what you can!)




organic shredded coconut 
organic soft pitted dates
1-2 t organic coconut oil 
fresh ground nutmeg (optional, I love the taste of fresh nutmeg in a morning cereal! add the spices you enjoy)
high quality sea salt 

there is also the option here to make it a sugar free cereal by adding more coconut oil to make it come together, omitting the dates and sweetening slightly with some organic stevia. 

-I don't put measurements on here because usually when I make this up, I just add more of what I need as it processes. so depending on how much you want to make, add your ingredients, and add more dates/coconut oil until it is still crumbly, but will somewhat stick together. 

-I also stirred in some larger coconut flakes this time, you can add what you want to the mixture, dried fruit, banana chips, nuts, get creative! or, keep it simple. of course, stirring in some raw cacao nibs never made anything worse. 


-add to a bowl with toppings of choice: fresh berries, figs, bananas, stone fruit etc... eat with my homemade nut mylk or your favorite yogurt (or plain-makes a great trail mix! gah. the options really are endless)

-transfer leftovers to a jar and I like to store it in the freezer-it'll keep longer & I like to enjoy it cold! 


happy morning friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment