nourish. slow down. relax. balance. love. wholeness is not perfection.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

gut healing legume & nut free, protein packed hummus dip


as many of you know, hummus is one of my all-time favorite foods, and lately I've been staying away from legumes as my tummy has not been loving them. I wanted to create a tasty hummus that I could enjoy that was high in protein & nutrients...I think I figured it out! 

this took 5 minutes from start to finish and was a tasty treat that I enjoyed with some grain-free chia crackers. 

ingredients:

4 T collagen protein powder
3 T raw tahini
1/2 c sprouted watermelon or pumpkin seeds
4 T lemon juice
2 T apple cider vinegar 
2 T extra virgin olive oil (or water)
3 garlic cloves
1 t cumin
1 t turmeric
1/4 t sea salt
1/4 t black pepper
handful of cilantro or parsley

-add all ingredients to a blender and blend until very smooth. add more liquid to your liking and serve on sandwiches, with veggies or your favorite chips/crackers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment