nourish. slow down. relax. balance. love. wholeness is not perfection.

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Warming spiced carrot pudding



I’ve been so into these deeply nourishing, traditional recipes lately. They feel so good in my body! This one is usually made with almonds and whole milk, but I don’t do well with dairy or almonds, so I substituted & it was delicious!


You’ll need:

3 c washed & chopped organic carrots

3 T ghee

1 t cardamom

1 t cinnamon

A few drops of stevia or dash of pure maple syrup

1 c milk of choice (I used a creamy walnut milk)

Pinch of sea salt

1/4 c soaked & rinsed organic brazil nuts


How to:

In a large saucepan, heat ghee and spices until fragrant. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste for sweetness and add more sweetener if needed. 

Serve in bowls sprinkled with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment